WTB Moto friendly camping gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Moto friendly camping gear

Looking to start getting into some Moto Camping, and am planning a big trip in a couple years with a friend doing motocamping. So looking to start getting some gear. Specifically looking for small and lightweight...which tends to get pricy! Anyway, if you have stuff sitting around you are looking to get rid of, let me know.

I just ordered a tent, but still need sleeping pad/sleeping bag, cooking stuff, what ever other cool gadgets you have for that sort of thing.
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

I don't have anything for sale, but I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1) ALPS Mountaineering gear is really good! I have 2 of their camping tables; they are strong, light, and roll up very small. They make a bunch of other camping gear as well.

2) Visit www.active.com and set yourself up to get email alerts. This is an overstock sight that specializes in running and cycling gear, but they also have a bunch of camping gear. Because it's overstocks the gear changes over time, so getting the email alerts keeps you up on what's new.
    Motovid CR
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
    2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
    2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

I actually just ordered an overstock ALPS tent for pretty cheap. Slightly heavier then some of the other ones i looked at, but packs fairly small. At this time i care more about packing small then trimming the last oz. I also am not very experienced so want to do some experimenting with what i want to live with and without for gear.

Also going to take my oldest son some (7 years old) so figure stuff will get trashed, lol.

I am planning on riding with him to Road America AMA weekend and camping, provided it works with farm work.
      Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
        I am planning on riding with him to Road America AMA weekend and camping, provided it works with farm work.
        I'll have to check out your setup! I don't think we'll be camping there for MotoAmerica, but I'll be there Fri-Sat-Sun.
        Motovid CR
        2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
        2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
        2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

Doubt it will be anything more then a tent a couple sleeping pads and sleeping bags, lol! Don't plan on cooking much there, i guess we will see.

Comment

IMG_4348.jpg
            Invest in a good "dry bag" for your sleeping bag and anything that you are going to tie on your bike. Nothing worse than getting your sleeping bag wet. A dry bag is like rain gear, if you have it it won't rain!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X