Learning Curves roll call and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning Curves roll call and a question

Who's in for next weekend? I believe I already saw some confirm for next weekend in another thread. (Tammy, Rocky5000100, CN, Mad06STi...) I would just like to get a more official count . Also, what is everyone running?? I'll be in with a Cheeto orange Ninja 250r.

I was also wondering what everyone is doing for race numbers? I need to get some yellow vinyl to cover the white plates on the 250r but I was a bit unsure how the race number deal works for new racers? I was hestitant to order numbers ahead of time in case I cannot get the number I want. Does someone usually sell numbers??
    Expert #411.
    Sponsors: Scorpion USA, Vortex Racing, HifloFiltro, GoPro, M4, RockTape, Forcefield Armour

Re: Learning Curves roll call and a question

You can always get by for the day with yellow duct tape for number plates and electrical tape for make-shift numbers.
    sigpic

Team MSB Racing
    Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC
    CCS MW expert #310
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Comment

I'm in!

I just stopped at Menards and Hobby Lobby.

I got yellow duct tape, and 6" black vinyl adhesive numbers (3 times 0-9) for $6. I will have some extras if anyone doesn't have any tomorrow.
      You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
        I'm in!

I got yellow duct tape, and 6" black vinyl adhesive numbers (3 times 0-9) for $6. I will have some extras if anyone doesn't have any tomorrow.
        $6 for 30 numbers? That's pretty cheap. I might have to check out Hobby lobby. Unless they were $6 each, in which case ouch!.

I'm just taping off a square and putting down some yellow plasti-dip.

I'll be doing learning curves at RA on the 5th.
        John K - Appleton

Comment

They will probably tell you to cut any serifs off the front number (the little flag and feet on the 1 for example), the tail number they don't seem to care about as much.

I don't think it matters what number you run at the school, if anything at all. Once you pass, and then go to get your temp license for Sunday, you will ask for a number and then you'll know what's available. Sounds like you got all the options covered with the all the numbers you bought, and that's a great deal!

Comment

I'm in!

Awesome! I may swing by Hobby Lobby and Menards after work.
            Expert #411.
            Sponsors: Scorpion USA, Vortex Racing, HifloFiltro, GoPro, M4, RockTape, Forcefield Armour

Comment

Here is a list of which numbers are already taken this year. This list is about 2 months old, so its not complete, but you can see if the number you want was already taken.

http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,27578.0.html

Another option is to look at last years points and see if that number was used since there is a chance the person will use it again if they race this year.

http://www.ccsracing.us/points/2013/mwpts%20overall.pdf

There is nothing wrong with electrical tape numbers for a weekend. I would guess tech will cut you a little slack if its your first weekend. Otherwise, there is usually a vendor or two at the track who have some numbers for sale (Tea from Popshadow Decals).

There is a spot on your license application for your first three preferred numbers, so if you pick a three digit number like 456, then list your preferred numbers as 456, 45, and 56. That way you can just remove one of your digits and be good to go if you want to put numbers on ahead of time. Keep in mind that 1 thru 10 are reserved for the top ten experts...
              Jared Herbig Racing - "Like" me on Facebook - CCS #323
              01' SV650
              Lockhart Phillips - Vortex - Spears Racing - TSE - Gron4 - Motorex - Woodcraft

Comment

Awesome info, thanks!
                John K - Appleton

Comment

I sent an e-mail via their website, but haven't heard anything...

Comment

Originally posted by bobcharles View Post
                    I sent an e-mail via their website, but haven't heard anything...
                    That's normal, dont worry. Just show up on time. I think you could damn near show up without emailing them and still ride...
                    01' SV650

Comment

Great to see all you guys taking the class! You guys are going to be all amped up....just remember if you crash you fail! Seems each time at least one rider fails. Some guys try and win the mock race forgetting the mock part. Take it easy, pass and then race on Sunday! There'll be lots of us there if you need any help. BTW some good info on start procedures in the classroom session, don't be afraid to ask questions!

Comment

Do we get to practice starts at all lol? I haven't had a chance to do starts on my SV ever.
                        You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

One important thing about Learning Curves...

It is a "Race etiquette" school.
                          The intent is to teach Flags and procedures.

This is not a "Race" school.
                          You crash, you fail.

-X
                          CCS/ASRA #140

Comment

Do we get to practice starts at all lol? I haven't had a chance to do starts on my SV ever.
                            During the mock race. Otherwise u can use hot pit on Sunday morning practice.
                            01' SV650

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
                              Great to see all you guys taking the class! You guys are going to be all amped up....just remember if you crash you fail! Seems each time at least one rider fails. Some guys try and win the mock race forgetting the mock part. Take it easy, pass and then race on Sunday! There'll be lots of us there if you need any help. BTW some good info on start procedures in the classroom session, don't be afraid to ask questions!
                              I will be in learning curves only for the race license. I'll be hoping for an inside spot on the start grid so some crazy doesn't take me out in turn one. If I get stuck on the outside, I'll back off on the start to let the crazies go ahead. The mock race is part of the reason I'm doing learning curves at RA. (aside from I won't need my license until July 6th anyway) Turn 1 at BHF is about as wide as a kart track I frequent on my supermoto. At RA, turn 1 is wide enough for the whole grid to go through 4 wide if needed.

From what I heard about the class, I don't expect to actually learn anything about going faster or racing strategy as it's more about flags and safety. (I still expect a fun day though)
                              John K - Appleton

Comment

Working...
                              X