Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Learning Curves roll call and a question

Originally posted by Herbig View Post
    During the mock race. Otherwise u can use hot pit on Sunday morning practice.
    Great thanks. If I pass the class I might do one race Sunday.
    You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

If you're worried about race starts, and I can understand why, as mentioned you can do a practice start from hot pit. Often durning morning practice I'll run a couple laps, pull in and do a start and repeat. You also always have the option of gridding last. You simply line up one row behind the last row posted on the grid sheet. That way you can get a start and over over without being worried about getting mauled. Your choice...but an option to think about

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
        If you're worried about race starts, and I can understand why, as mentioned you can do a practice start from hot pit. Often durning morning practice I'll run a couple laps, pull in and do a start and repeat. You also always have the option of gridding last. You simply line up one row behind the last row posted on the grid sheet. That way you can get a start and over over without being worried about getting mauled. Your choice...but an option to think about
        Can you do that? Sign up, let the field go on the flag, and do a few starts? It sounds clever, but I don't know the rulebook well enough...

Comment

Well I don't think you can practice during a race lol....but during morning practice you can do 'em all day from hot pit. Just pull in, stop near where the Armco begins and do a start and then head back out on track. You could even do one on the 5 board as you leave from hot pit. Guys were doing them at NJ last weekend. The main issue would be traffic and how narrow hot pit is at BHF...it'd be no issue at RA tho. As far as gridding, you don't have to grid in your assigned spot, but if you choose not to, you have to grid one row behind the last row on the grid sheet.

Btw...if you choose to grid last you're not required, but it might be helpful to let a marshal know as you leave hot pit so there's no confusion. Marshals who've been around will know what you're doing but a new guy might not

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
            I'm in!

I just stopped at Menards and Hobby Lobby.

I got yellow duct tape, and 6" black vinyl adhesive numbers (3 times 0-9) for $6. I will have some extras if anyone doesn't have any tomorrow.
            Great call on Hobby Lobby, I got the adhesive numbers, I just need to get some yellow duct tape. Any chance that might strip the paint??

Also, is it expected that you run at a "race pace" during the mock race? Or during the regular sessions? Learning Curves will pretty much be my first time on the bike so I don't want to risk crashing while I am learning.
            Expert #411.
            Sponsors: Scorpion USA, Vortex Racing, HifloFiltro, GoPro, M4, RockTape, Forcefield Armour

Comment

they have a "you crash, you fail policy" it's not a race, but it's a practice race.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneedragon88 View Post
                Great call on Hobby Lobby, I got the adhesive numbers, I just need to get some yellow duct tape. Any chance that might strip the paint??

Also, is it expected that you run at a "race pace" during the mock race? Or during the regular sessions? Learning Curves will pretty much be my first time on the bike so I don't want to risk crashing while I am learning.
                The Yellow duct tape that was on my bike peeled right off pretty cleanly. I wouldn't worry about it, unless the paint is already stripping or something.

Comment

Put blue painters tape on first, then the duct tape?
                  No matter where you go... there you are

Comment

Originally posted by clinghoffer View Post
                    Put blue painters tape on first, then the duct tape?
                    Now there's an idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Kneedragon88 View Post
                      Ride at your own comfortable pace. That class has nothing to do with riding fast. You can run a 2+ min lap time and the instructors won't care as long as you are in control of your bike and predictable. Don't be the guy who crashes in rider school because they don't give points or trophies for the mock race :p
                      Jared Herbig Racing - "Like" me on Facebook - CCS #323
                      01' SV650
                      Lockhart Phillips - Vortex - Spears Racing - TSE - Gron4 - Motorex - Woodcraft

Comment

Originally posted by Herbig View Post
                        Ride at your own comfortable pace.
                        That is all.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am also doing learning curves in July at Road America.

Comment

I'll be there this weekend getting my license....as long as I keep it together. haha

Planning on 2-3 races on Sunday. Now that my bike is running well I'm feeling much better about this weekend.
                            2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                            2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS EX#57)
                            2006 BMW R1200S (track\race CCS EX#57)

Comment

I should be there!

Sent from my cellular tellular phone!
                              -David Lee!

Comment

Working...
                              X