Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road America Motorplex - Little Bikes & Motards - 2019

Got a Motard or a 600cc or less bike?
    Wanna ride on on a nice Kart track with it??

Check out the 2019 schedule for the Road America Motorplex
    https://www.roadamerica.com/media/wy...aySchedule.pdf

Member Participant $30, Non-Member Participant $50,
    Pit Passes $12. Participant fee includes Rider/Driver pit pass.
    Spectators are considered crew and will be required to purchase pit pass.

1-800-365-7223
    Weather Hotline 920-893-5013
    [email protected]

Motorplex_Arial3_1.jpg

I'm going to ask if an SV650 would be permissible given that many 600cc bikes make almost double the power.

Comment

Hmmm, could be fun, but... this track is tight. Be prepared for an arm workout on a big bike. It's not like USAIR, which has a few parts that are almost as spacious as Blackhawk. But if they allow it and you go, let me know when they do and I'll try to join you if it's a weekend day. The Motorplex has bike specific days on their schedule.

Mmmm my Z125's 12" wheels love the Motorplex! Motorplex_4a.jpg
      John K - Appleton

Comment

Sunday August 25th. 12:00-5:00 open to bikes and karts alternating. I'll be there if the weather is good. Not a whole lot of weekend days in the Road America Motorplex schedule, so I intend to take advantage of it. I expect it to be a pretty popular day for supermotos and minis.
        John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
          I'll be there if the weather is good.
          Do they even run under inclement conditions?

Also, I'll definitely be there to sort out the YZ. Just test riding it I was doing stoppies in the parking lot (sure the former owner was thrilled). So much fun.

Also -- Tyler from RA told me SV650s are A-OK to run there. Just an FYI for all the sportbike folks.
          Last edited by Woozuki; 08-08-2019, 02:43 PM. Reason: Extra Info

Comment

Ok, so, I just weaseled my way out of working on all the Wednesdays of September. Plan on going to all the 'plex Karts & Bikes dates for Sept(4,11,18) and hopefully Oct as well. Who's with me!?!?!?!

(This is how the World's Premier Minibike series gets its start )

Comment

Roll call for the Motorplex this weekend! Who's in? Sounds like Zaph is so far. This is effectively a $50 track day. What a bargain!

Weather looking good as of now.

I think the only homework I have is to make a catch can of some sort for the YZ. Thinking about using one of those NOS energy drink bottles (if they're still around). That or actually buy the nice, $65 one....

Comment

In. Hoping we avoid the R word.

I can never make it weekdays, wish they had more weekend days.
                John K - Appleton

Comment

How strict do they actually do tech? I've heard some supermoto groups actually ban the DIY catch can I'm intending on making...

I'm really curious as to who actually shows up on Wednesdays.

Comment

Nobody has ever actually looked at my bike.

And last time there, I did 10 laps with my Z125 headlights turned on my bike and the guys looking right at it as I go by. Hah.

My old supermoto catch cans setup: casings from the free flashlights they hand out at Harbor freight. One for the radiator and another for the carb and crankcase vent.

John K - Appleton

Comment

Nobody has ever actually looked at my bike.

And last time there, I did 10 laps with my Z125 headlights turned on my bike and the guys looking right at it as I go by. Hah.

My old supermoto catch cans setup: casings from the free flashlights they hand out at Harbor freight. One for the radiator and another for the carb and crankcase vent.

Cool, I won't sweat it too much, then. I'll just try to do better than the zip tied cookie pan under the frame (though this works, too!)

Also, that's freaking brilliant. Even better because those flashlights always seem to break after a light drop.

The tube leading into the casing on the right (relative to photo) looks huge. Is that from your carb? Or a few things combined? Assuming the one on the left is radiator.

Is the tube sealed to the casing? Or is it open air so it doesn't pressurize?

Comment

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post
                        How strict do they actually do tech? I've heard some supermoto groups actually ban the DIY catch can I'm intending on making...

I'm really curious as to who actually shows up on Wednesdays.
                        When I was there last year with Zaph, nobody checked anything. I was on my R3, with street plastics. No catch-can, or catch anything.
                        Matt J., Appleton
                        2015 Yamaha R3
                        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post

The tube leading into the casing on the right (relative to photo) looks huge. Is that from your carb? Or a few things combined? Assuming the one on the left is radiator.

Is the tube sealed to the casing? Or is it open air so it doesn't pressurize?
                          Ok, just took a look at mine. The huge one is from the top of the header. I have 2 leading from places in the carb, 2 going from above the carb (couldn't really see from where), and 1 from the radiator.

They're awkward lengths so figuring out a catch can will be interesting. Will probably just replace them this winter and get the legit one.

Did you have one behind your cylinder head for the carb tubes? (Probably wouldn't be visible in pic).

Comment

Late model street bikes don't need catch cans because they are fuel injected - no carbs, the crankcase vent goes into the airbox and the radiator has an overflow reservoir.

in the pic of my old tard, the catch can on the side has all the carb hoses plus the crankcase vent in it. Looks like one big hose but it's actually 5.

edit: yeah they have to be a little open so they don't pressurize. The front is radiator only.
                            Last edited by Zaph; 08-22-2019, 08:12 AM.
                            John K - Appleton

Comment

Late model street bikes don't need catch cans because they are fuel injected - no carbs, the crankcase vent goes into the airbox and the radiator has an overflow reservoir.

in the pic of my old tard, the catch can on the side has all the carb hoses plus the crankcase vent in it. Looks like one big hose but it's actually 5.

edit: yeah they have to be a little open so they don't pressurize. The front is radiator only.
                              Didn't know the carb part, I thought they meant all of them. Good to know.
                              Matt J., Appleton
                              2015 Yamaha R3
                              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                              X